Translate

Sunday, December 06, 2015

Day 6- Taking a walk... and selling a Singer


 
As I had to post a birthday card today, and as it is only a short walk to the post box, I also took the opportunity to take a 5 minute stroll around the neighbourhood to see what is going on.
I came across this park bench, that someone has decided to repaint, think they have made a good job of it..... I really like it. The original colour was that royal blue.
 
I also came across 2 delightful puppies, 12 weeks old........ they were cocker- poos.... suspect they are specially bred these days, in olden times they would have been called cross bred mongrels'. These days I suspect they are designer puppies.. fashions change! Never the less, they were gorgeous dogs.

 
 
 
 
I am trying to have a bit of a sort out, and I have kept this hand cranked machine for myself. Until now... have decided it is time to find it a new home. It stitches beautifully, but it does not have a wooden cover. I have always kept it covered with one of my hand dyed Shibori cloths.  It is such a pretty machine. I think it dates from 1919.. nearly 100 years old. I hope I can find it a loving new home.
 

No comments: