Translate

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Exhibitions in Cirencester

 We had planned to go to Stroud and have a look around the International Textile Festival , however our plans changed at the last minute, so we might go tomorrow instead.

 
I had also wanted to see a couple of exhibitions in Cirencester, and so we went there instead,  especially -Sophie Ryder -  The Kiss at new Brewery Arts in Cirencester.
 I was not disappointed and really admired the texture and accuracy of her drawings in wire. Well worth a second visit if I get the opportunity.
 
 
 

 
We then took the short walk to the Corinium Museum in Cirencester, the exhibition in the gallery there was called
 
-Phantasmagoria by Anthea Walsh and Michelle Mary Dawson-
 
Not really my sort of exhibition,  although I appreciated it was well presented and entry was free.
 
 
I also went into the Museum to see the work of 2 other textile artists. It was called
 
                     Footsteps  A site responsive work from Amy Wallace and Carole Waller.
 
 
 
Fortunately as a member of the Art fund I do not have to pay for entry to the museum, as there were not many pieces of work from either artist.
I enjoyed Carole Wallers' installation of 4 hangings which hung in front of the glass windows to the Roman Garden. I found Amy's work a little harder to understand.
 
It was a lovely sunny afternoon which showed Cirencester at its best.
                               

1 comment:

Charlton Stitcher said...

Hi Maggie
Thanks for these previews. I think I can feel a trip to Cirencester coming on ... no that I need much encouragement!