Translate

Monday, January 06, 2014

Still raining.... so time for more Patchwork

 
This is the lane at the bottom of our access road, this reporter was certainly braver than I was today. This photo is thanks to our local paper the Swindon Advertiser.
 
I was intending to go to the Marlborough Embroiderers Guild this afternoon. Ros was giving a talk today and I was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately I have to be mindful that I am needed at home, so cannot afford to take risky journeys with the possibility of getting stuck due to floods.
 
 I did however make good use of my time. 'tis true I could have cleaned the fridge out after its hard work over Christmas, but instead I did some more work on my Patchwork.... and yes it will become a cushion cover when it grows up.
 

 
The sun came out briefly in the middle of the afternoon, which was just the right light to complete the hand applique of the grandmothers garden segment to the background.  This is now ready to layer up with wadding for the quilting... which I shall do by machine.

 
Mr Siamese was very keen to sit on the warm ironing board and give me lots of vocal support.

 
I even managed to cut out the backing and machined the hems. Not very interesting to photograph really. I am debating whether to put some piping around the edge of the cushion, or a fabric frill. I will have to have a look at the fabric I have left before I make my decision.

1 comment:

Charlton Stitcher said...

Hi Maggie - I really like your new blog format - very clean and fresh - and thank you for listing me under blogs you read. Your new format makes me think I should update mine...