Translate

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Festival of Quilts 2012

Had a really great time at Festival of Quilts this year, not only did my daughter come with me, but granddaughter as well. I booked my granddaughter into the children's workshop in the afternoon, and despite lots of nerves to start with she really enjoyed herself. So many thanks to all the helpers at her workshop. She is very inspired and her "curly whirley " is hanging in her room.

To celebrate them agreeing to come with me this year, I entered a quilt into the contemporary quilting section. They had both watched the progress of the making, so obviously were thrilled to see it hanging at the Festival. I had hoped to inspire them to both enter a quilt next year... and watch this space, I think I have succeeded.

Not may photos I am afraid, too busy talking and lots of the booths said " no photography".... why? I never understand that. We all bought lots of goodies and came away very inspired by some wonderful work.

No comments: