Translate

Monday, July 02, 2012


Went along to The Marlborough Branch of the Embroiderers Guild today, and Deena Beverley gave a most interesting and inspiring talk. Deena regularly writes for Stitch magazine and has published a number of books ... one of her first publications is visible on the table..... String work. She also has quite an interest in dolls... fascinating.

 Were your first fabric pieces clothes made for yor dolls? I know I indulged my dolls in all sorts of fashion shows when I was a very young age, all wearing the most wonderful garments stitched by me!

1 comment:

Grangry said...

I was given half-a-crown. Unheard of in those days. I spent it on a "teenage" doll wearing a plastic bra and shoes from a stall on Colchester market. My mum gave me lots of scraps left over from dress-making and I spent hours making clothes for my doll! Ah! memories!