Translate

Friday, November 18, 2011

African Exhibition


Went into town yesterday to view this exhibition at the local Artsite Gallery. I do not venture into town very often, as I think parking charges are too expensive. So decided to leave the car at home and go by bus....... more about this journey later! ( tomorrow)

I was not sure what to expect from this exibition, but have to say it was extremely good. The variety of artwork, sculptures and textiles were well displayed and had informative details next to each exhibit, which made the whole experience very informative nad enjoyable.

The modern work by Miro, Picasso and Terry Frost added to the experience. Such a shame the exhibition is only open for a week.... hope we can persuade them to have another soon.

I felt even more fortunate when I was introduced to the collector and have been invited to view more textiles in the collection in 2 weeks time. Such excitement.

No comments: