Translate

Monday, September 19, 2011

End of Open Studios

Here is part of my studio, ready for visitors yesterday... isn't it tidy? It has been a great 2 weekends of Open Studios, I have really enjoyed inviting friends and fellow artists into my studios and talking about the work and the studio itself.



I did manage to get some work done whilst talking and showed visitors how to use the embellisher machine.

I was also thrilled to know that many of my visitors will be back, as they also interested in working with me in my studio to learn how to dye fabric and threads, how to batik, and also free machine embroidery. so have booked classes with me. I can manage 2 people at a time in my studio, so they will get lots of personal help.



I even made use of the sink area to show off a couple of my sketchbooks. Look how clean the sink was too!

Now comes the hard work, carefully putting away the bits of unsold work so I can get back to normal and creating my mess.

Think I would like to do this again next year.. it was great fun.

1 comment:

dorothypandorasbox said...

My, but it does look Posh!
The work looks great all set out like that too.
How does that nice white sink stand up to dyeing days?