Translate

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lydiard House and Park in July 2011

At the moment 2 themes seem to be my inspiration for the next Exhibition, Trees and old walls. I have been photographing and drawing/painting and exploring both themes..... so a tentative start has been made.

This is Lydiard the morning after the night before... I was so impressed with the way it had been cleaned up after the big Arts Day.... well done .



The walled garden had changed again since the visit last month. The swarm of bees had left and the garden was very lavender blue in colour scheme.... I loved the subtlety. The gardeners were hard at work, but were delighted to help me when I wanted to purchase a fig tree/bush. I have no idea how to look after it.... but I liked the look of it. Gardener was very helpful with advice and the fig now sits in a large pot in my back garden.


We decided to take the long walk along the back of the lake through the parkland... it was truly splendid. Here is the view across the lake back to the house.


I could not resist taking this photo.. reminded me of the New Forest. We then headed back to the tearooms for a really tasty ice cream, well I had to replace some of the calories I had lost through walking!
I now have another set of photos for the design work for our next Exhibition. Just need to get really started on it now. The collecting of ideas has begun.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great place for inspiration!

Business logo design said...

Thanks a lot for this awesome post keep working and posting variety of posts.....

Cassy said...

I love those photos of nature. It always remind me of the place where i grew up.

Great shared.

Cassy from Rock Guitar Lessons

Alexandre Rodrigues said...

lindo!