Translate

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Substance Exhibition- open evening

I attended the open event to the substance exhibition last night at Artsite in Swindon see here.. a most interesting event. I forgot to take my camera... typical... but this is one of my pieces of work. My work was in response to my admiration for Julia Caprara. textile artist, who I greatly admired and was so fortunate to be able to work with.





My Batik work from a previous post is now ready to stitch into. all the wax has been removed and the colours are a bit pale to photograph well, so I have the paper work design to the left to give you a hint of what I am up to.


At the moment I am still a hospital visitor chauffeur, my good friends' husband is still in hospital, and as she does not drive and is disabled I have very willingly driven her to the hospital twice a day for the last eleven days. It does infringe on my stitching time.... but some things have to be.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the way the vibrant orange and green really sing together - is it felt?