Translate

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Disappearing Patchwork

My Daughter has recently expressed a passion for creating patchwork, so she organised childcare for the day and came round to my studio to play. We had a great time.

The result being this disappearing 9 patch . I got the pattern from the chick pea studio
strangely it is called a birthing quilt ( not quite sure what that is? )... but the instructions were clear and simple for my daughter to understand.



We did not make a quilt, but a cushion cover for youngest Grandaughter. I had already digitised and stiched a name label for her. Needless to say grandaughter is thrilled with it. The cushion even had to go to nursery today. Isn't it wonderful when a piece of work is so appreciated? Even if it is a soon to be 4 year old? The matching quilt is the next project.... it has been ordered ;0)

1 comment:

Angela said...

What a lovely way to spend a day....