Translate

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Back to reality


First chore in Cirencester today was to get some petrol in the car, thank goodness it is not a particularly thirsty car, so not a frequent event for me. Just as well with petrol now £1.20p a gallon-- (well spotted Gill... I did mean a litre!! You are a wonderfull proof reader.). Have a number of car travelling activities today and for the rest of this week. So needed this car juice.


Here is a photo of the wonderful Spring scene from the car park at the first port of call today-- delivering some stuff to the hospital.



Recently had a call from the Museum, telling me they wanted my submission .. so please could I deliver the work today... so that was chore number 2 or is it 3?




On the way home I called in at North Meadow in Cricklade again. The frittlliaries are almost over now... but wow the meadow is still fantastic..... really magical.
Here is the river Thames, it runs alongside the meadow, about 4 miles from the source.... quite a different view than that of the Thames at Oxford or London.


After lunch at home, another outing.....such excitement for a trip to the tip with a load of garden refuse. I saved you the embarrassment of photos of the place!


Tomorrow it is off to Stroud for an early start assisting in setting up the Losing the Thread exhibition at the Kendrick Gallery, Stroud, for the Stroud intenational textile Festival, which goes on until the 23rd May. Phew.... the car might need petrol for fuel but I need chocolate!!!!

1 comment:

Gill said...

Maggie, I wish the price of petrol were £1.20 a gallon! £1.20-odd a litre is way over the top, I agree.