Translate

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Trip to National Gallery and Tate Britain

This was a day for art appreciation and to feed the inspiration.



Always an exciting moment on the coach, when you know you are getting close to the National Gallery. The Exhibition was Carot to Manet, not an exhibition I would have particularly have chosen to see... but............. I found it really wonderful. Have a look here. Worth seeing, but be quick it finishes soon.

Of course we also had to see what was going on with the 4th Plinth in Trafalgar Square.


Next Stop Tate Britain. Such an inspirational Gallery, lots of Turners (click here) on exhibition and I just love the Colour and line exhibition, which I first saw last year and had to come and have a another look this year. Blow's me away every time. Another painting which really caught my imagination was Sandra Blow - Space and Matter 1959. I could have spent all day staring at it. It totally engulfed me. Loved a lot of the work in this room.

Time seemed to fly and I need to get some air and a quick view of the Thames before the coach came to take us home.


Great view of Channel 4's umbrella sculpture.

No comments: