Translate

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Festival of Quilts 2009

Had a great time at the FOQ this year, lots of people to chat too as well and I cannot believe I hardly took any photos. However the Twisted Thread website has plenty. Click here, it worth while looking at their facebook page as well. Lots going on there.

I have 2 favourites of the show and , one was



and the other was




My mate Liz was also exhibiting and she has worked so hard to complete all the work for this exhibition. Well done Liz.
My purchases were more refined than most years, yes I bought some more Lutrador from my mate Marion at Artmixer, good to see you again, and I might well take you up on the offer of playing in your shed!
I also perused around the Aurifil stand as I really like the cotton threads, they are matt and stitch well. So I purchased some. I have yet to find a UK stockist. If you know one ... please let me know.
I also had a good look at the new Bernina 830...... yes I had a look.. but no more than that. Did not dare start to play with it. Just know what I am like! The all singing all dancing version cost the same as a small car! Car's are so overpriced don't you think?
Also treated myself to Sandra Meech's new book, and I am really enjoying reading it.

No comments: